Week 2: Who Are Your Mentors?

I first heard Steve Brown speak in 1974 at a college convocation on the north shore of Boston. At the time he pastored a church on Cape Cod. When I moved to Miami four years later I went to Key Biscayne Presbyterian Church where Ben Haden and John Huffman had served, also the church President Nixon attended, and I was surprised to find Steve Brown as the Senior Pastor. During those few years we became friends.

Over the following nearly 40 years our paths have intersected on numerous occasions. He has been my thesis advisor and good friend. What's more, Steve has had the biggest impact on my preaching.

Two years ago he spoke at a convocation at Liberty University. I've provided a link to his compelling message below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yI4ZT8qdFw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The God Who Stoops Down to Make Us Great" - Doug Rehberg

Week 3: Who Are Your Mentors?

Week 1: Who Are Your Mentors?